Your body is a temple and deserves to be treated in the best ways possible. You are its custodian. You are responsible for its maintenance, nurturing and growth. And the better the care you give your body, the better the care your mind receives.
Here are 7 areas you can focus in on, to create a healthy mind and body.
1. Activity. Get off the couch and do something. Walking is probably the best all-round exercise you can do. Try to get at least 20 minutes of exercise every day. As you invigorate your body, you supercharge your mind.
2. Curiosity. Dwell on a profound thought. Look at something in a new way. Don’t shy away from exploring new areas or ideas. Take your mind to places it’s never been before (legally, of course). We live in such a beautiful world, why not discover it?
3. Creativity. We are all creative. It’s something you bring into this world and it sits there idly, waiting for you to nurture it. Sometimes we don’t realise how creative we really are, or we have to figure out what creative spark we have and then cultivate it.
4. Community. We are social beings and it’s important to surround ourselves with others. It is helpful if we have close and intimate friends, social acquaintances, workplace relationships and friendly neighbours. Involve yourself with others. Be open an honest.
5. Spirituality. Find something you can believe in, something that inspires you. You may already believe in God or in a higher power where you find comfort and solace. If not, dig deep and find the spirit within.
6. Energy. Eat well, get enough sleep, get rid of stress inducers and learn to relax. Easier said than done, right? But if you take small steps in each area and discipline yourself to develop positive, healthy habits, the rewards will soon outweigh whatever sacrifices you “think” you have to make.
7. Simplicity. Simplify your life and learn to be grateful with what you have. It’s not about how much you have, or how important you are, or where you live. It’s all about what you think about these things, and how you handle them.
Life is a journey