Do you have the time to relax these days? Is life is too frantic? It’s hectic pace simply does not allow us the opportunity to slow down and unwind.
Sounds logical, but not necessarily correct. You can take back control of your life, learn to relax and discover inner peace as a result.
These 13 simple suggestions will help get you started.
1. Stay in control. No matter what the situation, keep control of your emotions. Difficult, yes, but imperative to remain calm and composed.
2. Learn the art of patience. Not only is it a virtue, it leads to peacefulness.
3. Know your limits. Only you know for how much negative energy you can handle. Don’t let yourself get too close to the breaking point.
4. Breathe deeply. When you’re feeling frenzied, relax and take a few deep and prolonged breaths.
5. Exercise. Even something as simple as walking is good for you. It will relax your body and calm your mind.
6. Slow down. This doesn’t negate exercise. It simply means not to engage in a fast-paced lifestyle. This leads to burnout and stress.
7. Meditate. Or simply find a quiet place with no distractions, where you can contemplate and reflect on the dreams within your heart.
8. Develop peaceful routines. Find things that you can do when you need some quiet time. A good book, a hot bath, a musical instrument are all exceptional escapes from the times you’re in a tizzy.
9. Reduce clutter. This might mean in your living space or in your cranial space. Get rid of unnecessary stuff.
10. Get enough sleep. Your body already knows how much that is. Aim for at least seven hours each night. And pamper yourself with an afternoon nap whenever the exquisite opportunity arises.
11. Eat well. Fill your body with the right nutrients and it will be happy and healthy indeed. And occasionally treat yourself to something a little bit decadent.
12. Say positive things. Speaking in the affirmative makes you feel good about yourself. And a positive attitude is a splendid step to inner peace.
13. Forgive and forget. You only hurt yourself when you harbour grudges. Forgive others and focus on what is good.
Life is a journey