Ask people if they are creative and most will say no. How sad.
The fact is, we are all born creative. Highly creative. And the sooner we realise this, the sooner we can develop our creative talents through our own unique vision of how we view life.
The window through which we view the world around us is coloured by our life experiences. If we’re unhappy with life, our window may be a little dusty, or cluttered with grime and dirt. Makes it difficult for creativity to thrive in the light of each day.
If you would like to release your inner creativity, here are a few suggestions that can help wipe that window clean and get you looking far beyond the mundane and obvious.
1. Be tenacious. Determine that you won’t let negative experiences or minor setbacks get in the way or slow you down.
2. Be courageous. Don’t be afraid to take risks and go against the flow.
3. Be inventive. Think of new ways to solve any challenges you may be facing.
4. Be outrageous. Creativity suggests that the norm isn’t good enough. Go far beyond normal, in every direction.
5. Be spontaneous. Grab hold of ideas and suggestions right away. Be impromptu in your actions. Acting a little crazy will get the ideas flowing.
6. Be patient. The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas. Don’t squelch anything, until you’ve had a chance to consider all your options.
7. Be visionary. Dare to dream and, when you do, dream big. Look ahead to what can be, not what will be.
8. Be passionate. As you display fervour in every area of your life, it will release your inner creativity.
One thing about creativity is that it will take your thoughts and dreams beyond the places you thought possible. Embrace Albert Einstein’s definition. He said, “Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.” How awesome is that?
Life is a journey